get legal help
Call us if you need legal help. We’re here for you.
- Call (415) 701-1100.
- Leave a message.
- You will receive a return call within 24-48 business hours.
ALRP Legal Help is Not a Luxury.
- We meet basic human needs.
- Taking on landlord/tenant cases, we help prevent hopelessness and homelessness.
- Handling immigration cases, we seek to prevent discrimination and persecution.
- Handling insurance disputes, ALRP safeguards access to health care.
- Advocating for people who rely on disability benefits, we secure a vital source of income.
- Providing wills and durable powers of attorney, we help individuals retain their dignity and ensure that their decisions will be carried out.
- Legal Q&A’s answers commonly asked questions and provides self-help tools.
- HIV Links includes a list of local HIV/AIDS service providers.
- Legal Links includes a list of local legal organizations.
ALRP in the Community
ALRP hosts several in-person clinics around the Bay Area. Please see the schedule of outreaches below:
- San Francisco AIDS Foundation (1035 Market Street #400, San Francisco, CA 94103)
1st Friday of the month – 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- Strut (470 Castro St, San Francisco, CA 94114)
Last Friday of the month – 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Project Open Hand (730 Polk St, San Francisco, CA 94109)
3rd, 4th Tuesday of each month 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM (while the Project Open Hand outreach is being held virtually, they will be from 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM)
- Allen Temple (8501 International Blvd, Oakland, CA 94621)
1st Thursday of every month 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- Kaiser HCON Clinic (3801 Howe St., 1st floor, Suite 123, Oakland, CA 94611) – for patients of the Kaiser HCON Clinic ONLY
1st Tuesday of each month, 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Sign up below for a 20-minute intake and consultation. If this is a time sensitive matter or you are facing an eviction, please call our general intake line at 415-701-1100.
Please note that outreach consultations are being conducted virtually in light of the coronavirus pandemic. You will receive a phone call from an ALRP staff member during your scheduled appointment. In-person outreach appointments will NOT be offered at this time.