Important ADAP Coverage Changes
Effective July 1, 2016, major changes will take effect to ADAP, OA-HIPP, and the Medicare Part D Premium Payment Program. Here are the most important changes you need to know:
- Ramsell will no longer administer ADAP. Ramsell will be replaced by Magellan Rx to administer pharmacy benefits.
- Ramsell prescription benefit cards will deactivate on July 1, 2016. New Magellan Rx prescription benefit cards will be issued in June 2016.
- ADAP client ID numbers will remain the same. Clients should be able to access medication without a Magellan Rx prescription benefit card if they use a pharmacy in the Magellan Rx network.
- Magellan Rx’s network includes over 6,000 pharmacies and most clients will not need to change pharmacies.
- OA-HIPP will start paying out-of-pocket medical costs (deductibles, co-pays, coinsurance) up to the insurance plans’ annual maximum.
- Pool Administrators Inc. (PAI) will administer OA-HIPP and the Part D Premium Payment program.
- Enrollment in all programs will be done through a central web-based portal administered by AJ Boggs.
For more information, contact your ADAP enrollment worker or Positive Resource Center at 415-777-0333.
Blog post written by Jeff Kosbie, Esq. for Positive Resource Center link
Equal Access to Healthcare Program link