MCLE Training: Your First Pro Bono Case
9:00am - 12:30pm
PLI California Center
ALRP is pleased to promote the free PLI training “How to Find and Handle Your First Pro Bono Case.” Wednesday, May 29, 9:00am.
How to Find and Handle Your First Pro Bono Case by the Practising Law Institute (PLI) will be offered in both downtown San Francisco and via live webcast. This MCLE program will discuss the benefits of providing pro bono service and detail the best practices for volunteering on a pro bono case. The expert faculty will share tips for how to find the right case and how volunteering can enrich and advance your professional development. If you are new to legal practice or just interested in learning how to get started volunteering, you are encouraged to attend!
The faculty will discuss the following topics:
How to find the right case:
- What types of cases are right to meet your goals
- How to pick pro bono opportunities that fit in with your current
- Where to find cases or matters
- Options in types of volunteering commitments
Handling your first case:
- Ensuring that you are or become competent
- Handling your first client meeting
- Understanding your client’s circumstances
- Working with the court
- Finishing up the case
Don’t miss this chance to learn how you can make a difference in your community and learn new skills.
Tiela Chalmers ~ Consultant, Tiela Chalmers Consulting
To register by phone, please call PLI’s Customer Service Department at
(800) 260-4754. Be sure to mention your Priority Code: LFL3-8AEM2.
How to Find and Handle Your First Pro Bono Case
San Francisco and Live Webcast, May 29, 2013, 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. PT
This event is categorized as: