NOW HIRING: Staff Attorney
STAFF ATTORNEY, AIDS Legal Referral Panel (ALRP)
Staff Attorney sought for nonprofit providing legal services for people with HIV/AIDS. Seeking a motivated individual interested in working in cooperative, flexible office, committed to social justice. Salary: $70,000. Excellent benefits. People of color, women, and those with disabilities, including HIV, encouraged to apply. Position open until filled.
To provide legal services to people living with HIV/AIDS and to connect clients with ALRP Panel Attorneys.
- Conduct client intake interviews, provide information and referrals.
- Provide advocacy and legal representation in civil legal matters, especially housing.
- Refer clients to appropriate services providers or panel attorneys.
- Train and supervise law clerks.
- Maintain accurate computerized client files and provide reports to Executive Director.
- Conduct outreach and training sessions on a variety of legal issues for clients and HIV/AIDS service providers.
- Assist Executive Director and Volunteer Coordinator in recruiting new panel attorneys by developing culturally sensitive trainings and materials.
- Attend community events to increase ALRP’s visibility in the community.
- Perform general office duties and special projects as assigned.
- Active membership with the State Bar of California.
- Experience working with low-income individuals, people with mental health disabilities, people living with HIV/AIDS, people of color, substance users, people with a history of homelessness or incarceration, and people in the LGBT community.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of team.
- Experience in estate planning, consumer law, negotiation, and mediation preferred but not required.
- Strong public speaking and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- Bilingual Spanish, a plus.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
AIDS Legal Referral Panel
1663 Mission St, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94103