NOW HIRING: Staff Attorney
WANTED: A New Staff Attorney
ALRP is committed to a diverse staff and providing culturally competent services. We strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities and historically oppressed groups, as well as multilingual and multicultural candidates, to apply.
STAFF ATTORNEY, AIDS Legal Referral Panel (ALRP)
Staff Attorney sought for nonprofit providing legal services for people with HIV/AIDS. Staff Attorney will work mainly in insurance law, focused on public and private disability insurance. A motivated individual interested in working in cooperative, flexible office, committed to social justice. Excellent benefits. People of color, women, and those with disabilities, including HIV, encouraged to apply. Position open until filled.
To provide legal services to people with HIV/AIDS and to connect clients with ALRP Panel Attorneys.
- Conducting client intake interviews, giving information, and referrals.
- Assist clients with direct representation in public & private disability insurance matters.
- Identifying appropriate litigation strategies based on the needs of clients.
- Referring clients to appropriate legal services providers.
- Maintaining accurate computerized client files and providing reports.
- Conducting training sessions on legal issues for clients.
- Assisting Executive Director and Volunteer Coordinator in developing culturally sensitive trainings and materials for Panel attorneys.
- Providing trainings to HIV/AIDS services providers.
- Identifying and establishing ties with other agencies that serve people with HIV/AIDS.
- Attending community events to increase organization visibility.
- Additionally, the Staff Attorney will be responsible for general administration duties and will assist with panel attorney relations, recruitment, and volunteer training.
- Active membership in the State Bar of California.
- Experience working with low-income individuals, people with psychiatric disabilities, people living with HIV/AIDS, people of color, substance users, people with a history of homelessness or incarceration, and people in the LGBT community.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of team.
- Experience in litigation, negotiation, and mediation.
- Strong public speaking and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
Salary and Benefits
$58,000-$60,000 per year, depending on experience. Benefits include health, dental, life and long-term
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com or to:
AIDS Legal Referral Panel
1663 Mission St, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94103