Know Your Immigration Rights!

Have immigration questions? Need immigration legal assistance? ALRP is here to help!

ALRP can help with a variety of immigration matters:

  • Adjustment of Status – enables immigrants to change their status from being an asylee to being a legal permanent resident (“Green Card” holder) immigration
  • Naturalization – the process by which a lawful permanent resident becomes a citizen of the United States
  • Political Asylum – may be granted to an HIV+ person who is physically present in the United States and has a well-founded fear of persecution in his/her home country on account of their race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group (i.e. HIV+, sexual orientation) and/or political opinion


List of ALRP’s Immigration Services:

  • Certificate of Citizenship replacement
  • Employment Authorization – applications and renewals
  • Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) petitions
  • Public Benefits Eligibility advice for immigrants
  • Family Reunification petition including same-sex couples
  • Fiancé Visa
  • Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Request
  • Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence
  • Advice and legal consultations regarding immigration relief
  • Referrals to pro bono immigration attorneys and other non-profit, low-cost attorneys
  • Renew Green Cards
  • Renew Work Permits (Employment Authorization)
  • Replacement Permanent Resident Card (‘green card’)
  • Travel documents
  • U Visas – Assist Victims of Crime
  • Waivers – USCIS Fee Waivers for Low-Income Clients


Also do not forget to provide right address, so you can get all important letters and documentations. Use for that.

Información en español?


Ana Montano, ALRP’s IHAP Attorney

LEGAL REPRESENTATION: ALRP’s full-time Immigration (IHAP) Attorney conducts a comprehensive consultation with each client to evaluate and address the client’s immigration needs. If more in-depth legal representation is required, the IHAP Attorney will meet with the client to further discuss how the client may be best served. Depending upon the complexity of the legal issue, referral to an ALRP Panel Attorney may be provided. The IHAP Attorney’s services are all free of charge. An ALRP Panel Attorney may charge a fee, depending on the nature of the case and the income of the client.

Want to know your immigration rights? Check out our Immigration Rights Flyers!

Know Your Rights! Flyer (English)

Conozca Sus Derechos! (Know Your Rights) Flyer (Spanish)


Looking for a more complete guide? Check out our Immigration Rights Guides!

Know Your Rights Guide (English)

Conozca Sus Derechos Guide (Spanish)